Saturday, June 07, 2008

Well I am now here and am running around like a chicken with my head cut off. So much to do to get this project up and running. I have to get housing established in some villages out in the middle of nowhere. Purchase all the gear and equipment. Set up rosters and leaves for all local and expat staff. This to name just a few things.

Right now I am down at the gold mine where we have work as well shadowing another project to see how things are running. I got the chance to go out and scout the line of the project which is a very long 100Km plus new power line we have to clear of all UXO and frag to a depth of 2 meters. Pretty dense in places, open in others. The biggest concern is we are starting in the middle of the rainy season. We will trudge through as best we can. Should be quite the challenge.

I just wish my wife was here with me. I miss her a great deal. She is my rock. And with all the water here right now I need a rock to climb on so as to not get my boots all muddy.

1 comment:

eronious said...

Haha! You think you're funny, do ya punk?