Monday, September 25, 2006
Well my folks and I went out for dinner with a friend of the family whom we affectionately call grandma. She was very close to my grandfather before his passing.
Dinner was pretty good. Grouper, scallops, shrimp and what not. The place was called Johnny Leverocks. It was located next to two marinas and right on the water.
Only a few more days and I will be off on a long as heck trip across the sea to Heather's and my new home for a while.
Remember to keep in touch and make sure to send some picts once in a while. Attached to the blog is a picture of my folks and I here in Florida.
Tuesday, September 19, 2006
The folks are doing fine. Had the opportunity to see some family and take them to dinner which was very nice. Tomorrow I think I will be off to see a movie, most likely the Talladega Nights movie with Will Ferrell.
Last night around the corner someones car got absolutely totaled and they had to land a helicopter to pick up the wounded. The car got slammed into on the side and spun 360 degrees. Damn I miss my bike.........hahahahahaha.
Trying to stay away from the fast food but did go out to Ruth's Chris the other night.
Well I gues thats it for now. Take care and keep in touch. RangeRat1@gmail.com
Friday, September 15, 2006
Well I will be off to close my account with IT here in a few short hours and then will head to the plane to fly off island until such time as Heather and I decide to come back home to Kwajalein. It has been a helluva run over the past 6 years. Alot has happened while here.
- I met my one true love and took her as my life partner, wife.
- I have had the opportunity to dive some of the best reef and wrecks available in the world. I have met some of the best people and friends that I have ever had the pleasure to say will always be a part of my family.
- I got the opportunity to spend more time with my brother and help him to find employment out on the island as well.
- I have fished with out fishing pole using nothing but parachute cord and lures.
- I have partied and drank like a rock star.
- I have played for quite possibly the world's greatest Softball team on the face of the earth. You don't have to retire my number Steve.
- I have had the opportunity to coach some fo the best gals around in soccer and softball.
I could continue to list but that would take me forever. Let me just leave you all with I will miss you all and hope that we all continue to keep in touch and to meet up when we can as we all make our ways throughout the globe. Kwajalein Atoll is shaped like a boomarang and my gut says we will be back at some point in time.